Music is one of my absolute favorites. I seriously am so passionate about finding new tracks to listen to whilst getting ready in the morning, writing poems, or going on a car ride. Each of the artists I add to my collection are like small treasures that bring me happiness, and I’d love to share them with you guys. If I like a song, I will play it over and over until I’m sick of it, and those are the ones I’d say are worth mentioning! That said, here are the songs/artists/albums I’ve been loving for the month of June:
1) The National’s new album called Trouble Will Find Me is definitely a fave. I love the whole album, but my favorite songs are “Graceless,” “Don’t Swallow the Cap,” and “I Need My Girl.” I’d say this album is the band’s best so far.
2) Gregory Alan Isakov. Just yes. His voice is heavenly. I have been loving his songs “Big Black Car,” “If I Go, I’m Goin,” and “The Stable Song.” His songs are sort of folksy, and super relaxing. Absolutely love.
3) St. Lucia’s song “All Eyes on You.” I just recently discovered this band, and this song is sort of mellow, and yet reminiscent of the 80’s in a way. I don’t know, it’s just great.
4) Jose Gonzalez’s song called “Heartbeats” is fantastic. It reminds me of Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling and pure joy.
5) A friend’s sister recently released her first EP. The artist is Ivory Layne. Her EP is on iTunes. She is seriously amazing! She is quirky and fun and it’s like her personality is evident in every lyric! I love all the songs on the EP, but my absolute faves are “Not That Man,” and “Socrates.” Go and give her a listen. I’m 100% sure you won’t regret it!
So these are my top tunes for June. I definitely could have included more, but we’ll save some for next month, shall we?
Be sure to tell me if you like any of my favorite songs for this month, and tell me in the comments what you’ve been listening to this June!
Until next time,